Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini with 9 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini:
- 1/4 cup walnut halves.
- 1 packed cup basil leaves.
- 3 cloves garlic.
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 chicken breast halves.
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 in slices and quartered.
- 1 lb dry linguine.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini:
- Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Let the nuts toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often to move them around. Add the nuts to a food processor along with the basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pulse a dozen or so times until the pesto reaches a uniform and just slightly chunky consistency..
- Cover the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small heavy pot to pound the breasts until they're 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the chicken to a plate to rest and wipe the pan clean. You'll need it again shortly. Put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Put the pan back on high heat and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the zucchini and fry until they start to caramelize and soften just a little, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. While you're cooking the zucchini, cook the linguine according to the package directions..
- Drag the cooked pasta from the pot to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of pesto as well as the cream, then toss to coat. If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini..
- Transfer any leftover pesto to a small container and top with a little extra virgin olive oil. Keep it in the fridge to be used again. Hint: it's amazing drizzled inside an omelette with a little cream cheese..