Fresh Water Prawn Noodle - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Fresh Water Prawn Noodle! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! I am using very thin deep fried mee sua, so i can just pour over the gravy. If u r using thicker yee mee, better soften ur noodles under boiling water first. Only fresh water prawns caught in the rivers of Pahang are used during this promotion. Other tantalising fresh water prawn dishes are Wok-Fried Fresh Water Prawn with Superior Stock, Steamed Fresh Water Prawn with XO Sauce and Glass Noodle, Baked Fresh Water Prawn with. Popular Malaysian cuisine fresh water prawn noodles.
A wide variety of fresh water prawn. Sang Har Mee or freshwater prawns noodles are one of the most expensive noodles dish back in Malaysia. This Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Shrimp/Prawns is everything you know and love about Vietnamese food.
You can cook Fresh Water Prawn Noodle with 11 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fresh Water Prawn Noodle:
- Fresh Water Prawn / Big Prawn.
- Egg noodles.
- 2 Eggs separate yolk and white.
- slices Fish cake.
- slices Pork.
- Green vegetables.
- Pork soup bones as stock.
- Shaoxing wine.
- 3 cloves minced garlic.
- 1/2 tsp Salt.
- Potato starch.
Fresh, healthy, great textures and full of flavour! A great, fresh Vietnamese noodle recipe. Winter in Sydney swings from being warm enough to run around in shorts and play. This is probably the cheapest freshwater prawns noodle or "sang har mee" in Malaysia.
Step by step how to cook Fresh Water Prawn Noodle:
- Prepare stock base soup with some pork soup bones. Low heat simmer the bones for 2 hours. Add in some garlic and onions. Set aside..
- Marinate the pork slices with 1 tbsp soy sauce, some pepper and 1 tbsp cooking oil. Heat up wok with oil and stir fry some minced garlic till aroma. Add in pork slices, followed by fish cake slices and stir fry for a while..
- Add in 2 cups of soup into the wok. Add in green vegetables and place the big prawns on top. Add in wine and salt. Then place the noodles on top and close the wok lid. Let it simmer in medium heat for 3 minutes..
- Open the lid and stir a bit. Add in potato or corn starch solution to thicken the soup. Add in egg white first and stir a while. Then followed by egg yolk and stir a little and serve..
Ever seen those plates of noodles and giant prawns and wondered what they are? Well, introducing the sang har mee - or if you may, giant freshwater prawns noodles. There's something about prawn noodles that rekindles childhood memories. On some weekends, the family would wake up to the smell of the hearty prawn stock that our. Place in a food processor with eschalots and garlic, and.