Maja Blanca - . Today I am sharing this Maja Blanca! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Maja Blanca is a Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch, and sugar. Preparing Maja Blanca is quick easy. This Filipino dessert is something that I recommend for aspiring home cooks. Commonly served at Fiestas, holidays and special occasions. The original Maja Blanca is topped with 'latik'- that is what coconut milk becomes when simmered under medium.
The first maja blanca did not include corn and milk, but these were added later to improve flavour and texture. I like having my maja blanca with corn. I also love topping it with grated coconut or cheese.
You can cook Maja Blanca with 7 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Maja Blanca:
- 1 cup cornstarch.
- 4 cup coconut milk.
- 1 cup white sugar.
- 1 can corn kernel (370 ml).
- 1 can evaporated milk (370 ml).
- 1/4 cup raisins.
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes.
Maja Blanca Recipe is a Filipino pudding dessert that is luscious enough to the taste buds. Although the ingredients used are common, the delight that it brings is completely undeniable. Try this tasty maja blanca recipe. Primarily made from coconut, maja blanca is a Filipino dessert that has the consistency of thick gelatine and a delicate flavour, and is creamy white in colour. "Maja blanca is a Filipino favorite kakanin (dessert or snack.) This dish is sweet, delicate, soft, and Pour corn mixture into prepared mold.
Step by step how to cook Maja Blanca:
- Using medium heat,pour in the coconut milk,sugar and the corn kernel in a pan.Stir gently until sugar is melted. In a bowl,mix cornstarch and evaporated milk,stirring continuously until all the lumps disappear and only a smooth mixture is left.Occasionally stir the cornstarch mix while you wait for the coconut milk to boil gently to prevent the cornstarch from settling..
- Gradually add the cornstarch mix and raisins into the coconut milk,stirring continuously to incorporate the new mixture.Once done,start stirring the maja blanca quickly.This action helps develop the gluten in the cornstarch and cause it to thicken.Look for a consistency that is thick but not lumpy..
- Once the maja blanca is done,pour the mixture into a greased rectangular pan and allow to cool to set it..
- Sprinkle the top with coconut flakes or latik and cut into squares or triangles before serving..
Cool until maja blanca is set. Cover mold with a plate and. Maja Blanca is a creamy and light Filipino favorite dessert made from coconut milk. Mold in individual serving dishes for a fresh take on this light dessert. Pour the maja blanca into the oiled dish.