Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Great recipe for Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad. Neither you, your family or your guests will regret this chilly, crispy, creamy delicious side dish! Allow potatoes to cool in sink. Rinse in cold water immediately to arrest the cooking process. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Potato Salad With Egg And Mustard Recipes. Best Old Fashioned Potato Salad Recipe! This old-fashioned potato salad is made with a refreshing seasoned vinegar and oil dressing.
You can cook Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad with 17 Ingredients and 17 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad:
- 1 (5 Pound) Bag Idaho Russet Potatoes [peels left on].
- ● For The Proteins.
- 25 LG Egglands Best Eggs [use older eggs - easier to peel].
- ● For The Cream Sauce.
- 1 (30 oz) Bottle Kraft Mayonnaise.
- 1-1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk [or, to your desired thickness].
- 1 1/2 tbsp Yellow Mustard.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Granulated Sugar.
- 1 tsp Celery Seed.
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt.
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- ● For The Vegetables.
- 1 Cup Celery With Leaves [chopped].
- 1 Jar Clausens Dill Pickles [be sure to use this brand - found i.
- 2 Cans LG Black Olives [drained - cut in half].
- 3 LG White Onions [rough chop].
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley.
It's an excellent choice for a picnic or cookout. Those types of potatoes are lower in starch than russets and other baking potatoes, and they tend to hold their shape better. If you want to make this dish in. · Traditional Potato Salad made with Yukon Gold potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and a simple creamy dressing. An easy recipe perfect for any party or BBQ!
Step by step how to cook Mike's Old Fashion Potato Egg Salad:
- Here's what you'll need..
- Rinse and scrub your potatoes well..
- Bring your [older] eggs to a rolling boil. Turn off heat and cover eggs with a tight fitting lid. Let eggs rest in hot water for 18 minutes..
- Place potatoes in water and boil for 25 to 30 minutes. When a knife can easily penetrate your largest potato - you'll know they're ready..
- Allow potatoes to cool in sink..
- Rinse in cold water immediately to arrest the cooking process..
- Peel eggs and seperate your yolks from your whites. Chop egg whites in to quarters and place in fridge..
- Mash your egg yolks..
- Add everything in the Cream Sauce section. Mix well with a whisk and refrigerate sauce..
- Chop potatoes into 1" cubes..
- Chop all of your vegetables and mix well. Consistently pre-mixing along the way will help you out greatly upon your final mix with your super messy cream sauce..
- Add your chopped egg whites and mix well again..
- Equally devide vegetables and solid egg whites in to 2 separate large bowls a this recipe will make a large batch. Mix well again..
- Equally devide potatoes in to each bowl and mix well..
- Equally devide your sauce mixture in to each bowl. Gently mix/fold from the base of bowls as to not break up your potatoes..
- Refrigerate and gentry stir occasionally. Let salad rest overnight in fridge for best results. Before serving - dash salad with Paprika and Celery Salt..
Simple is best when it comes to recipes like this Old-Fashioned Potato Salad! It tastes just like grandma made it! How to Make Mama's Old Fashioned Potato Salad - Dee Dee's. Once potatoes are cooled; add chopped onion and eggs; fold together gently; add mayonnaise mixture and combine gently with other ingredients; if salad seems like you don't need all the mayonnaise mixture; don't use it all, if salad. Old-Fashioned Potato Salad from Barefoot Contessa.