Pork Mechado Roll with a twist - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Pork Mechado Roll with a twist! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Pork Mechado Roll with a twist with 16 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Pork Mechado Roll with a twist:
- 1 1/2-2 kg porchetta or mechado roll, roasted.
- 8 cups pork or beef stock.
- 1/2 cup red wine.
- 100 g spanish chorizo, chopped.
- 1 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp Tomato paste.
- 1 tbsp. spanish sweet paprika.
- 2-3 bay leaves.
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped.
- 1 carrot, cubed or diced.
- 10 Potato marbles.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced 1/2 inch thick.
- 1 tsp. Sugar.
- to taste Salt and pepper.
Step by step how to cook Pork Mechado Roll with a twist:
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, heat a generous amount of olive oil. Add the garlic, onions and celery, saute until softened and are slightly browned..
- Add chorizo and saute until it just starts to release its oil..
- Add paprika and saute. (not to long or the paprika will burn.).
- Add tomato paste and saute briefly..
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by half, scrapping up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Add crushed tomatoes and stir until all ingredients are mixed well..
- Gently lower the roasted porchetta roll into the sauce,pouring in all accumulated juices. Add enough stock or water to cover the meat, add bay leaves and the soy sauce..
- Stir to blend and bring to a boil then lower heat until the sauce is at a lazy simmer. Add water if needed..
- After an hour, taste the sauce and add salt, pepper and sugar. (more sugar if you want it sweeter)..
- Continue to simmer 2-3 hours longer until the meat is fork tender. The potatoes, carrots and bell peppers may be added about an our before the meat finishes cooking..
- Slice the meat then arrange in an oven proof dish with the sauce and veggies. (heat in a 300 degrees F. Oven.) Serve hot..