Prawn and Avocado Risotto - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Prawn and Avocado Risotto! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Prawn and Avocado Risotto with 13 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Prawn and Avocado Risotto:
- Dash olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon butter.
- 1 onion diced.
- 3 cloves garlic thinly diced.
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme.
- 1 and 1/2 cups Aborio rice or risotto rice.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine.
- 6 cups hot vegetable stock.
- 500 grams shelled, drained prawn meat.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron.
- to taste Salt/pepper.
- 2 very ripe avocados, sliced.
- Parmasen to serve.
Step by step how to cook Prawn and Avocado Risotto:
- On the stovetop, heat oil and butter on a low heat and cook your onion and garlic until fragrent.
- In the meantime, in a separate pot, boil you stock. When boiled, lower heat to keep stock on a low rolling boil..
- Place in the rice and thyme in with the onion + garlic. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Increase temperature to med/high heat and pour in wine stirring continuously..
- When wine is absorbed, add 1 X ladle of your hot stock. Stir through until absorbed. Repeat until you have 2 X ladles of stock left in reserve. Although this takes a little bit of time, there is no way to rush this - adding too much stock before absorption can lead to mushy rice..
- When you have (approx) 2 ladels of hot stock left, add your raw, deveined and shelled prawns. At this time, and your saffron also. Continue mixing through your final ladles of stock..
- When you have used all you stock, your prawns should be cooked. Although this may vary depending on prawn size. Cut one open to check + cook longer of necessary..
- When you have confirmed prawns are cooked, sample, and adjust for salt (if home-made/low sodium vegetable stock was used) and pepper..
- Serve into bowls and top with sliced avocado and parmesan cheese. Mix avocado through with your fork and enjoy!.