Prawn Roast - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Prawn Roast! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Learn how to make Mangalorean Style Prawns Ghee Roast from Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried. Prawn Ghee Roast is a Mangalorean delicacy made by roasting. Prawn Ghee Roast is a very popular dish in Mangalore. Mangalore is a famous city in Karnataka on the coast of Arabian Sea. Prawns are easily available here as it is situated in the coastal area.
Prawn Ghee Roast Recipe, Prawn Roast. Here is a very easy everyday side dish that can be put together in minutes. Prawns roast - a yummy non-veg side dish which goes well with rice, chappathi, idiyappam etc.
You can cook Prawn Roast with 9 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Prawn Roast:
- 500 gm Prawns.
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri chilli Powder.
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder.
- 2 Medium size Onion finely chopped.
- to taste Salt.
- leaves Curry.
- Coconut oil.
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste.
- 1 Tsp Spicy Chilli Powder.
The steps might seem long, but it is an easy to prepare dish. Here you go with the prawns roast recipe. Spicy Prawn Roast Is a typical Kerala Style seafood delicacy. If you cook and eat it once, your tongue will never forget the spicy.
Step by step how to cook Prawn Roast:
- Marinate the Prawns In turmeric,1/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli, Salt and ginger garlic paste and few curry leaves for 15 min.
- In a pan add coconut oil 2/3 tbsp add curry leaves and then add the prawns cook till cooked. Let it get little roast and remove from pan.
- In same pan add oil if required add the chopped onion and curry leaves and sauté till soft and color changes,then add ginger garlic paste sauté till raw smell goes. Add the dry spices with normal chilli powder and salt to taste..
- Then add the prawns and cook till all spices are mixed in prawns and serve. Pls adjust the spices accordingly..
Ghee Roast is one of the most popular delicacies of Mangalore, popularized by the Bunts of Kundapur. Hotel Anupama introduced this dish back in the mid Eighties. Prawns / Shrimp are the delicacies of the sea world they have an exceptional taste while having lower calories. Today we are going to make prawns by first seasoning the shrimp and removing the excess. Prawn Ghee Roast is a very popular dish in Mangalore.