Roasted Vegetable Soup - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Roasted Vegetable Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! This healthy roasted vegetable soup can be made super quickly if you use a bag of frozen roast veg from a supermarket. You can roast vegetables with the intention of making this soup or you can use whatever roast vegetables you have leftover to make this soup a part of your next-day meal plan. Roasted vegetables, pureed and cooked with broth, kale, and a nice mix of Italian sausages make up this hearty soup. This soup brings out the rich flavors of kale and leaves out its typical bitterness. Roasted Root Vegetable Soup with butternut squash, sweet potatoes, parsnips & carrots!
This Roasted Root Vegetable Soup is an absolutely wonderful way to usher in the fall! This veggie- and bean-packed soup will appease the heartiest of appetites.—Bean Education and Awareness Network, Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Variations, tips and what you will need: Add rotisserie chicken and/or wild rice if desired!
You can cook Roasted Vegetable Soup with 11 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetable Soup:
- 1 pound tiny baby carrots.
- 4 cups chopped celery or sub with fennel.
- 2 cups whole kernel corn.
- 1 large turnip root.
- 2 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes.
- 1 pound Enokitake or Enoki mushrooms.
- 1/2 large onion.
- 1 quart vegetable juice drink like V-8.
- As needed salt.
- As needed extra virgin olive oil.
- To taste ground black pepper.
You will need a blender, I love my BlendTec. This roasted root vegetable soup is perfect for the winter! Plus, this roasted vegetable soup will make the perfect addition to your Sunday batch-cooking menu to keep you warm and satisfied for days to come! This mixed vegetable soup is about to be your new go-to soup recipe.
Step by step how to cook Roasted Vegetable Soup:
- Preheat oven 400°Fahrenheit I used convection setting. Chop the turnip. And potatoes..
- Chop the celery leaves and all. Add the corn with the rest of the vegetables to a bowl. Coat everything with the olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet with parchment paper and season with salt. Put into the oven for 40 minutes..
- Take out of the oven let rest 10 minutes. Carefully pick up the sides of the parchment paper and pour into a pot. No trim the mushrooms. Mainly the root end..
- When trimmed add to the soup with the vegetable drink.
- Slow simmer covered for 40 minutes..
The vegetables are spiced and roasted for a more intense flavour! A medley of vegetables mellowed with cream makes a pleasing first course for a holiday dinner. This soup can be made up to two days ahead. Roasted vegetables have a sweet, smoky flavor. Serve this soup with slices of good-quality crusty bread, or with toasted cheese sandwiches.