Shepherd's Pie - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Shepherd's Pie! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Shepherd's Pie with 12 Ingredients and 12 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Shepherd's Pie:
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 1 pound ground beef.
- Large onion, diced.
- 1/2 each red, yellow, green pepper diced.
- 2 Tbs each rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- 1 Tbs each onion and garlic powder.
- 1/4 cup AP flour.
- 2 cups low sodium beef stock.
- 1/2 cup milk (I used almond).
- 1 stick unsalted butter.
- 1 lb bag frozen corn.
- to taste S&P.
Step by step how to cook Shepherd's Pie:
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers.
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent.
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash..
- In a greased deep 9x13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted..