Sour Cream Noodle Bake - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Sour Cream Noodle Bake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! This sour cream noodle bake with egg noodles and ground chuck is delicious weeknight grub—and it can easily be made ahead of time. To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. To freeze: Assemble the Sour Cream Noodle Bake in a disposable aluminum oven-proof pan and seal the top of the container with the lid or heavy foil. Seal the edges to prevent freezer burn and place in the freezer.
Reviews for: Photos of Sour Cream Noodle Bake. Sour Cream Noodle Bake is so easy to make, and chances are you have everything you need already in your pantry to prepare this hearty dish. This casserole has a creamy filling, and it is packed with meat so your family will love this dish.
You can cook Sour Cream Noodle Bake with 12 Ingredients and 14 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Sour Cream Noodle Bake:
- 2 lbs. hamburger.
- 1 cup sliced green onions.
- 1 small onion, chopped.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) wide egg noodles.
- 2 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce.
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- 3 cups cottage cheese.
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley.
- 2 tsp. garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper.
- to taste salt and pepper.
Noodle Bake, hot dish, casserole, it does not matter what you grew. This Sour Cream Noodle Bake is an easy weeknight meal that'll have everyone running to the dinner table! Sour Cream Noodle Bake is a rich baked noodle dish perfect for lunch or dinner. This is my third time making Sour Cream Noodle Bake.
Step by step how to cook Sour Cream Noodle Bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large pot cook hamburger with chopped onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and parsley until browned; drain and return to pot..
- Add tomato sauce and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles as directed on package. Drain and return to pot..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese with a little salt, some pepper and the ground red pepper..
- Fold in the chopped green onions..
- Add the cheese mixture to the cooked noodles; mix well..
- Prepare a 9x13 dish for baking for this meal and one for freezing. Place 1/4 of the noodle mixture into each dish..
- Top each dish with a 1/4 of the meat mixture..
- Top each dish with a 1/4 of the cheddar cheese..
- Repeat all steps in a second layer to use up all remaining ingredients..
- Place one 9x13 dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly..
- Allow the freezer dish to cool completely, then cover in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and store in freezer. Tip: Write date, dish name, oven temp and time on top of aluminum foil..
During the first two tries, I learned that a little flavor should be added to the noodle and ricotta cheese mixture. Sour Cream Noodle Bake is a great freezer friendly casserole recipe. This recipe was sponsored by Indiana's Family of Farmers. I like to layer the ingredients in this recipe because I think it looks prettier but it will taste just the same if you want to mix the noodles and sauce together before baking. To freeze: Assemble the Sour Cream Noodle Bake in a disposable aluminum oven-proof pan and seal the top of the container with the lid or heavy foil.