Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling - . Today I am sharing this Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling with 19 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling:
- FOR SPICE CAKE.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- 4 tsp baking powder.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2 tsp ground ginger.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice.
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 3 large eggs.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 8 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 2 cup light brown sugar, packed.
- FROSTING AND FILLING.
- 1 recipe Whipped Cream Apple Butter Cream Cheese Frosting / filling.
- mixed nuts to decorate top of cake. I used ca shews, almonds and pistachios.
Step by step how to cook Spice Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Apple Butter Frosting / Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 - 8 inch pans with bakers spray.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch,baking powder, salt and all spices in a bowl.
- Beat butter and light brown sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time beating after each egg, add vanilla. Then alternate flour mixture with buttermilk and beat until just smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared pans, smooth tops and bake 15 to 23 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool on rak 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place one layer of cake, bottom up on serving plate.
- Frost with some of the Whipped Cream Apple Butter Cream Cheese Frosting / Filling, attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/352869-whipped-cream-apple-butter-cream-cheese-frosting-filling.
- Place second layer of cake on frosted first level bottom side up and frost it.
- Place third last layer, top side up and frost entire cake.
- Garnish cake with the cashews, almonds and pistachios. Chill cake at least 1 hour for easier cutting.