Turnover dough from scratch "Empanada dough" - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Turnover dough from scratch "Empanada dough"! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Turnover dough from scratch "Empanada dough" with 8 Ingredients and 16 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Turnover dough from scratch "Empanada dough":
- 6 cups all purpose flour (set aside 1/2 cup for flouring the surface).
- 2 sticks butter (room temperature).
- 1 egg.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cooking spray oil (necessary amount, optional).
- Egg yolk (necessary amount, optional).
- Oil (necessary amount, optional).
Step by step how to cook Turnover dough from scratch "Empanada dough":
- On a clean surface form a crown with 5 1/2 cups of flour.
- In the center of it place the diced butter, the egg, salt.
- And milk.
- Mix well the center ingredients.
- Then incorporate from inside out the flour from the center outwards little by little until integrated.
- Forming a smooth and manageable dough.
- In an oiled container place the dough, cover it and let it rest for 30 minutes before kneading it.
- Sprinkle the table with a bit of the reserved flour, divide the bun into four parts.
- With the help of a rolling pin, stretch the dough until the right thickness is obtained Do the same with the three remaining buns.
- With a glass container of approximately 5 1/2 inches diameter (regular size) or 3 1/2 inches (finger food size), mark the dough making pressure.
- With the help of a pizza cutter, cut the outline of the pastry dough The amount of pastry dough will depend on the thickness you want when you stretch the dough..
- I recommend if you want to keep them in the freezer use plastic separators in between.
- The dough can be used to make fried or baked goods with any type of filling inside it.
- To fry: In a pan, place oil, heat to medium/high temperature Place the empanadas inside the oil, fry them for 5 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown to your liking Tip The amount of oil you use should cover the empanadas Place it on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- To oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit Spray a baking tray with cooking spray, arrange the empanadas without touching next to each other You can paint the empanada with egg yolk (optional) Cook it for approximately 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown to taste.