Baingan Bartha recipe - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Baingan Bartha recipe! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Baingan Bartha recipe with 12 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Baingan Bartha recipe:
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas.
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves for garnishing.
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder, garam masala powder,.
- 1/2 red chili powder.
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder, turmeric powder.
- 1 number eggplant(medium sized).
- 11/2 cup finely chopped onions.
- 4 number garlic.
- 3 tbsp oil.
- to taste Salt.
- 1 nos slit green chilli.
- 1 number tomato.
Step by step how to cook Baingan Bartha recipe:
- Apply some oil to the eggplant..
- Keep it on a hot griddle tawa in reduced flameor put it in the oven at high heat and bake. Once a side of the eggplant is properly cooked turn it. Likewise cook all the sides. It takes around 10- 15 minutes to cook the whole eggplant. Once it is fully cooked, wait for it to cool down and than peel off the skin and mash well..
- Heat oil in a pan add garlic, green chilli and chopped onions and fry over medium flame until light golden brown..
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Stir well and chopped tomatoes and cook till tender. Now add the mashed eggplant, cooked peas and salt and stir for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Served hot with chapatis or as a side dish with rice..