Basic Dough for Homemade Pasta - . Today I am sharing this Basic Dough for Homemade Pasta! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Basic Dough for Homemade Pasta with 4 Ingredients and 21 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Basic Dough for Homemade Pasta:
- 4 cups all purpose flour (100 grams approx.).
- 4 whole eggs at room temperature.
- 8 teaspoons oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Step by step how to cook Basic Dough for Homemade Pasta:
- For the dough bun:.
- On a clean surface mix the flour, salt and form a crown.
- In the center of it add the egg and oil Beat the eggs gently.
- With the fingers slowly integrate the flour with the liquid ingredients, until the flour is well combined.
- Knead by working the dough by hand for a minimum time of 10 minutes, stretching and pushing the dough with the base of the palm of the hands until it takes a shiny satiny appearance, it should not be sticky but neither too dry and hard, in this step the quality of the flour and the size of the eggs are usually determining factors.
- If it is necessary to add a little water it is usually enough to wet your hands once during the kneading, in case it is necessary to add flour add it in the form of a light sprinkle on the work surface with caution not to exceed the amount.
- Once the kneading is complete, form a ball, cover with a film and let it rest for at least a half hour, this helps the dough lose the excess elasticity it acquires during the kneading, that makes the dough resistant and shrink at the time of stretching.
- To stretch the dough:.
- Separate the bun in four parts to facilitate the process of stretching it Work with one, the rest keep covered with the film so they do not dry.
- Flour the surface with a minimum amount of flour, the quantities of flour that we will use to flour the surface are not in the recipe of the dough Place a part of the dough on the flour, flatten it with your hand Rest the rolling pin on one end of the dough, roll it over it, pressing firmly and evenly from one end to the other end of the dough.
- Repeat the action until achieving the desired thickness Do the same with the remaining three parts, cover the dough.
- To cut:.
- There is a large variety of pasta cutting tools on the market that are very helpful for this step If you do not have any of these utensils, a sharp knife, a glass or can of the desired diameter, the pizza wheel or a ruler will work.
- To prepare: linguini, trenette, fettuccine, tagliatelle, pappardelle Roll the stretched dough as tight as possible Cut it with a sharp knife in thicker or thinner strips depending on the type of pasta you have chosen You can cook them immediately If you're not going to use the fresh pasta, I suggest you sprinkle it with flour once you've cut it You can let them dry on a floured surface or hung until dry.
- To prepare stuffed pastas like: tortellini, capeleti, agnoloti Cut the stretched dough by pressing with a glass or can of the desired diameter.
- Moisten the edge with water, fill with the filling of your liking, and close in the shape desired.
- To prepare the dough to make lasagna or cannelloni Cut the stretched dough using the pizza wheel Then proceed to fill them with the filling of your liking.
- To prepare ravioli On a dough sheet place portions of the filling you have chosen separately Brush the dough around the filling with water Cover with the other dough sheet Remove the accumulated air between the sheets of dough with the help of the hand Cut with the ravioli cutter or with a ruler making firm pressure on the dough until it is cut.
- For stuffed pasta: cannelloni, lasagnas, tortellini, capeletis, agnolotis and ravioli I recommend you work as quickly as possible in assembling it so that the dough does not dry too much.
- You can keep them in a tray covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator or if you want you can freeze them in a suitable bag and use it freezed boiling it at the time of cooking.