Beef Kare-Kare - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Beef Kare-Kare! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Beef Kare-Kare with 14 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Beef Kare-Kare:
- 1 kilo beef cut into cubes.
- 100 g Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) cut.
- 100 g yardlong beans cut into 2 inch long.
- 4 eggplants sliced/cut.
- 3 cups water.
- 1 cup ground peanuts or 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- 1 medium sized onion diced.
- 5 cloves garlic minced.
- to taste Salt and pepper.
- Cooking oil.
- Shrimp paste/bagoong.
- Optional: 3 tbs annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water for colour.
Step by step how to cook Beef Kare-Kare:
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Set aside..
- Using the same pan earlier, cook beef for about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Push beef to the side of the pan and add sliced eggplants. Fry for about 5 minutes..
- Add cooked garlic and onion, pour in 3 cups water (if using annatto seeds, replace 1 cup of water used to doak seeds in) and dissolved cornstarch and bring to a boil. Add ground peanuts/peanut butter, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens..
- Add yardlong beans and bok choy/pechay and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: Some prefer to blanch their veggies in hot water to cook separately from the meat and sauce to retain crispiness of vegetables..
- Serve over steamed rice and a little bit of bagoong/shrimp paste on the side..