Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry with 12 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry:
- 1 onion, diced.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained.
- 1 can coconut milk.
- 3 large potatoes, medium dice.
- 1 large carrot, diced small.
- 3 tsp mild curry powder.
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 1/2 tsp tumeric.
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom.
- 1/4 tsp cayenne.
- to taste Salt and pepper,.
- 1 tbs olive oil.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry:
- Heat oil in deep-ish skillet and sautee onion until soft..
- Add your dried spices and mix together and cook for about 3 min..
- Add your potatoes and carrots and cook another 2-3min ***note: I uded yukon gold because they break down and "mash" a bit as they cook.
- Add your chickpeas and coconut milk and bring to boil and cook for 5-8min on high..
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and place a cover on the skillet slightly vented open to let steam out.
- Cook for 30-35min and serve once everything is thick and some of the potatoes have mashed into deliciousness..
- Serve with brown rice or naan or my fave :WRAP THAT UP IN A ROTI!!!!.