Empanada Dough Recipe - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Empanada Dough Recipe! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Empanada Dough Recipe with 4 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Empanada Dough Recipe:
- 1 Cup warm water with a pinch of salt mixed in.
- 2 Cups sifted all-purpose flour.
- 2 Tsp canola oil.
- 1 little bit more flour for kneeding.
Step by step how to cook Empanada Dough Recipe:
- Sift the flour into a bowl..
- Place the sifted flour onto a floured flat surface and for a pile, using your finger make a small hole in the middle of the flour pile..
- Pour half of the cup of warm water into the hole, using your hands incorporate the flour into the water. Add more water as you kneed, the dough will become sticky at first..
- Keep kneeding and incorporating until the dough is starting to stick together. Make another small hole into the middle of the half kneeded dough. Pour in oil..
- Kneed and incorporate the oil into the dough.The dough will form into a ball. Punch, fold, and kneed dough, add pats of flour as the dough becomes easier to kneed. Kneed until the dough is smooth and round..
- Once the dough is done, place it in the bowl, do not refrigerate. Use the dough immediately if needed or wait 30 minutes with a rag on top of the bowl. This stops the dough from drying up..
- To make Empanadas, roll out the dough and fold the dough into a horizontal stack. Cut the dough into medium pieces. Spread out and add empanada filling. Seal the dough together, using a fork to seal the outside of the empanadas. Place into a pan with 1/2 or more of canola oil and fry. Enjoy! 😊.