Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! This recipe is not your grandma's tuna casserole. In fact, we got rid of the tuna and the noodles. In place of tuna, you'll find garbanzo beans. The ingredients are simple - canned tuna, mushrooms, peas, noodles in a homemade creamy sauce (without canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs. Keeping canned tuna on hand is a great way to whip up quick lunches and dinners like the classic Tuna Melt or Tuna.
This classic tuna noodle casserole recipe combines tuna, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas, and cheddar cheese to make a creamy comforting casserole with a crunchy crumb topping. What does that phrase mean to you? This is an easy tuna noodle casserole recipe made with condensed soup, cheddar cheese, tuna, peas, and cooked noodles.
You can cook Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole with 11 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole:
- 12 oz. extra wide egg noodles.
- 2 cans (4 oz) ea.) tuna; drained.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- seasonings of choice:.
- parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- 8 oz. pkg. shredded Italian cheese blend.
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs.
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into pats.
A classic American dish, tuna noodle casserole is a favorite family meal. This simple recipe is a great way to switch up your weeknight dinner routine and make good. When you need supper fast, this tuna noodle casserole makes a super one-dish meal. Cooked chicken breast works well in place of the tuna.
Step by step how to cook Grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles according to package instructions..
- In a large bowl combine soups, sour cream, tuna and seasonings..
- Stir in the cooked and drained egg noodles..
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9x13 baking dish..
- Top with cheese, bread crumbs and butter..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
This tuna noodle casserole is the best… it's my mom and grandma's recipe! A creamy, cheesy sauce coats egg noodles, dotted with green peas and flake tuna, topped with melty cheesy and buttery breadcrumbs. This classic recipe is rich and creamy, made from scratch but so quick and easy to. This incredibly yummy old fashioned casserole isn't only delicious, it's also easy to make! You simply mix up your ingredients, pop it in the oven and you're good to go!