Grandmas famous pineapple coconut cake - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Grandmas famous pineapple coconut cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! My grandma is known for making an amazing pineapple coconut cake for all holidays and family events. Today I am sharing this easy and delicious Nothing beats a tried and true family recipe! In the town I grew up in, my grandma is famous for this coconut pineapple cake. It is so easy to make but. This coconut pineapple cake recipe is sure to please family and friends, with its surprising blend of flavors and a "secret" ingredient: lemon-lime.
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Gage Trinda. This Pineapple Coconut Cake Recipe is the most moist and delicious pineapple coconut cake perfected with a smooth, sweet and flavorful pineapple filling and topped with a creamy rich coconut buttercream making this Southern classic cake one for the ages! Your guests will love this upside down pineapple cake.
You can cook Grandmas famous pineapple coconut cake with 13 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Grandmas famous pineapple coconut cake:
- 1 box Duncan Hines coconut supreme cake mix.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 stick butter, melted.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple (leave the juice).
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- 2 sticks butter, softened.
- 4 cups powdered sugar.
- 1 tablespoon milk.
- 1 tsp coconut extract.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut.
Single servings and easy to make. Grandmas Coconut Pineapple Cake - A Delicious Pineapple Coconut Cake. My grandma is known for making an amazing pineapple coconut cake for all Earthquake Cake starts with a box of german chocolate cake mix, then add in coconut, chocolate chips, pecans, and a yummy cream cheese swirl! Our pineapple coconut cake is a tropically inspired masterpiece<br><br> We combine beautiful flakes of pure coconut and sunny pineapple chunks in creating our newest cake.
Step by step how to cook Grandmas famous pineapple coconut cake:
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 3 9 inch cake pans.
- In a stand mixer add cake mix, 1/2 cup melted butter and eggs. Mix for a minute on low and 3 minutes at medium speed. Batter should be thick and fluffy..
- Divide batter evenly between the 3 pans. Bake until top is golden and sides start to pull away from the pan, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Add pineapple, brown sugar, and cornstarch to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes until pineapple has thickened. It should be a little less thick than jam. Chill in fridge for an hour.
- Add softened butter to a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add coconut extract, milk, and salt. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Toast coconut in a dry skillet for about 10 minutes stirring often until golden brown.
- To assemble, place the first layer of cake on a plate and trim so there is a flat surface. Spread half the pineapple filling. Repeat with a second layer of cake and the remaining filling, and finish with the last cake layer. Frost top and sides with coconut frosting..
- Add toasted coconut all over top and sides. Pipe frosting around the edges if desired.
The most AMAZING Coconut Cake with layers of tender, moist coconut cake, fresh pineapple filling, and whipped coconut cream cheese frosting. NANNY'S FAMOUS COCONUT-PINEAPPLE CAKE* PLEASE SAY SOMETHING WHEN YOU SEE THIS POST! Oh you must make this, at least once-- this is to die for!!. Try this Nannys Famous Coconut-Pineapple Cake recipe, or contribute your own. Remove from pans immediately; cool on wire racks.