Lechon Kawali - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Lechon Kawali! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Lechon Kawali is a Filipino crispy deep fried pork belly dish. Crispy deep-fried pork is the simplest way to describe lechon kawali. Pork belly or liempo is the cut of pork usually used to cook it. Lechon Kawali is a popular Filipino dish made with pork belly simmered until tender and then deep-fried until golden and crisp. With crunchy skin and super moist meat, every morsel is pork heaven!
Lechon Kawali Recipe Details: https Remove the crispy deep fried pork belly (lechon kawali) from the cooking pot. Arrange in a plate with wire rack or paper towel. Lechon kawali is a crispy fried pork belly dish from the Philippines that is sure to bring plenty of family and friends to your table.
You can cook Lechon Kawali with 6 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Lechon Kawali:
- 2 lb pork belly.
- 2 tbsp salt.
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corn.
- 3 cup cooking oil.
- 4 cup cooking oil.
- 5 pcs dried bay leaves.
Traditionally served with a tangy lechon sauce. This video will show you how to cook Super Crispy Lechon Kawali wherein the skin gets really crispy while the meat stays most (juicy) and tender. Got a hot frying pan for cooking? This classic, crispy pork dish is made and infused with real herbs, salt, and peppercorns from the boiling water and cooked to divine, golden-brown perfection and keeps a steamy, robust aroma with the meat then including the fat.
Step by step how to cook Lechon Kawali:
- Place the water on a big cooking pot and bring to a boil..
- Put in the pork belly then add 1 tablespoon of salt, pepper and bay leaves and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender..
- Remove the meat the pot and let it cool down for a few minutes..
- Spread 1 tablespoon of salt on the meat, make sure to distribute it evenly on all sections..
- We now need to deep fry than meat. On a dry cooking pot place the cooking oil and heat it up..
- When the oil is hot enough, put the meat in the cooking pot and let it cook until the immersed side is brown and the meat's texture is crispy..
- Flip the meat to cook the opposite side..
- Remove the meat from the pan, let it cool down a little and slice according to desired portions..
- Serve hot..
Lechon Kawali Recipe (Crispy Pan-Fried Roasted Pork) is easy to cook, it involves boiling then deep-frying pieces of pork. Lechon Kawali is a pan-roasted pork dish popular in the Philippines. Cooking lechon kawali is actually super easy that you can even cook this in your own kitchen. Lechon Kawali - Crispy fried Locally raised pork belly, citrus soy, Maui onions, Ho farm tomatoes. This Lechon Kawali recipe makes a whole slab of fried pork belly turned into a delicious pork dish with crisp, crackling skin with salty exterior and tender and juicy inside.