Lee's Creamy Potato Soup - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Lee's Creamy Potato Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Lee's Creamy Potato Soup with 13 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Lee's Creamy Potato Soup:
- 3 Tablespoons Butter.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil.
- 1 Cup Celery Stalks (small dice).
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (small dice).
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic.
- 5 Cups Medium Diced Russet Potatoes.
- 1 Carton.(32oz) Low Sodium Chicken Stock.
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk.
- 1 Cup Half and Half Cream.
- Corn Starch Slurry.
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- To Taste Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Celery Tops (green leaves).
Step by step how to cook Lee's Creamy Potato Soup:
- In a 6 quartl stock pot, sauté celery and onion in butter and olive oil until just tender. 5-7 minutes. Add garlic towards the end..
- Add diced potatoes, chicken stock, and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are fork tender. 13-15 minutes Do not bring to a full boil. Note: This is the time to season with salt..
- When potatoes are fork tender, add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Then add cornstarch slurry. (1/4 Cup warm water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch well blended) Bring back to a simmer..
- Add cheese a little at a time and allow to fully melt. Use a simple hand held potato masher to get the consistency you want. Note: I do not recommend using a blender to get a smooth soup. It will turn into a glue. Yuck. A food mill or potato ricer is a much better option..
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Add chopped celery leaves and enjoy. Garnish with bacon bits, sour cream, chives etc..