Mombasa Fondant - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Mombasa Fondant! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes!
You can cook Mombasa Fondant with 5 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mombasa Fondant:
- 1 kg icing sugar.
- 4 tbsp gelatine.
- 9 tbsp glucose syrup/liquid glucose.
- 1/4 cup Water.
- 3 tbsp shortening.
Step by step how to cook Mombasa Fondant:
- Take glucose syrup in a bowl add half the water and give it 20 minutes..
- Now take it and heat it in a sufuria on low heat as you mix.
- In a separate bowl put your gelatin add the remaining water and let it bloom,.
- Take your glucose syrup and heat it in the microwave for 5 minutes then add the shortening..
- Now add the gelatine mixture in your glucose syrup and mix well. Heat again in the microwave for 5 minutes..
- Now I take the mixture and add in my icing sugar which I have sifted separately in a bowl..
- Due to our humid weather in Mombasa we don't put glycerin..
- At this moment you can add your colour, I love using liquid colours coz I can play around with the shades by adding more or less colour..
- Now kneed it adding a little bit of icing to prevent it from sticking to the working surface..
- Then later when using it you will use corn flour to prevent it from sticking to the working surface..