Phyllo dough - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Phyllo dough! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Phyllo or filo pastry is delicious, crispy, and paper thin. The word phyllo is a Greek word meaning "leaf Unwrap the dough by rolling the dowel back towards you. Phyllo is the dough used in a variety of Greek sweet pastries and savory dishes, such as baklava and spanakopita. The tissue-thin layers make for flaky results, but can also be challenging to work with. Every cook should have a few tricks up their sleeve; phyllo dough is one of our favorites.
These phyllo dough recipes make a pre-made ingredient extraordinary! Turn frozen phyllo dough sheets and mini phyllo tart shells into dreamy desserts. Phyllo dough has a long, ancient history most likely originating in Turkey.
You can cook Phyllo dough with 7 Ingredients and 8 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Phyllo dough:
- 750 grams flour for all purp.
- 1/2 cup olive oil.
- 3 tbsp vinegar.
- 1 cup warm water.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 olive oil*.
- 1 flour for all purp*.
Food historians believe that since the people at that time were experienced at growing wheat to make flour. Phyllo dough appetizers don't need to be difficult, while still generating impressive results. When you make appetizers using phyllo dough, you wind up with. Learn how to make Homemade FIlo aka Phyllo Dough!
Step by step how to cook Phyllo dough:
- SIFT the flour into a bowl or mixer and add the salt, the vinegar and the oil..
- Then we put the water SLOW and not all at once. we need a dough that is soft but not sticky..
- IF it's too sticky add flour, if it' too hard add water..
- Leave the dough to rest FOR AT LEAST 30min.
- Then seperate it in 4 balls and start to make the plyllo.
- *the extra oil is to spray the phyllo when you put it into the dish oven, and the flour to "open" the phyllo (put it on your table)..
- Add whatever filling you like! not wih many liqueds. Also don't forget to spray with oil your oven dish also BEFORE the phyllo..
- it's a pastry for "burek" or pies, tupical in Greece..
I hope you enjoy this Homemade FIlo or Phyllo Dough recipe! It may not be easy as pie, but you should still make your own phyllo. Phyllo dough is what flaky, mouthwatering dessert dreams are made of. Use this store-bought pastry dough to make desserts (like these decadent Chocolate-Pecan Phyllo Turnovers), appetizers (these. Phyllo dough doesn't puff when it bakes—it crisps.