PINAKBET (Ilokano) - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this PINAKBET (Ilokano)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes! Pinakbet Ilocano is the original version of Pinakbet. This video shows how to cook this dish by simply boiling all the ingredients. I want to share the recipe of my dad's Authentic Ilocano Pinakbet or One Pot Ilocano Pinakbet to all of you guys, this is very easy to make. Pinakbet Tagalog is a Filipino vegetable dish. The Ilocano version uses fermented fish or bagoong isda.
Bagoong Terong and Bagoong Monamon are the common fermented fish used to cook it. Pinakbet Ilocano - this recipe showcases the pride of Ilocano cooking, and one of the best known vegetable dishes in the Philippines. Pinakbet (also called pakbet or pinak bet) is an indigenous Filipino dish from the northern regions of the Philippines.
You can cook PINAKBET (Ilokano) with 12 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for PINAKBET (Ilokano):
- 1 lb pork shoulder / pork belly.
- 1 onion sliced.
- 3 cloves garlic crushed.
- 1 roma tomato sliced.
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce.
- 1/2 bitter gourd (ampalaya).
- 1 eggplant sliced diagonally.
- 1 cup large diced squash.
- 5 pcs okra halved across.
- 8 pcs string beans (into 3 inch long).
- 1 small sized ginger smashed.
- 1 cup water.
Pinakbet is made from mixed vegetables steamed in fish or shrimp sauce. Pinakbet or Pakbet is a mixed vegetable stew with pork slices that originally came from the Ilocos region. The original Ilocano version uses "bagoong isda" which is a sauce made with fermented fish. Pinakbet, or Pakbet an Ilocano dish, is stewed vegetables of eggplant, bitter melon(ampalaya), okra and tomatoes and seasoned with bagoong isda or thick salted fish sauce.
Step by step how to cook PINAKBET (Ilokano):
- Cook meat until fat is rendered, remove excess oil. Add garlic cook until slightly browned..
- Add onions and tomato. Cook until onion is translucent at tomato is soft and almost mushed..
- Add fish sauce/ shrimp paste, then add ginger to lessen pungency of the fish sauce. Stir until the meat is coated with the sauce..
- Add water then bring to a boil..
- Add in okra and eggplant first and cook for 1 minute. Then add the rest of the vegetables (string beans, squash, bitter gourd)..
- Simmer until the vegetables are cooked and sauce is reduced..
- Serve hot. Best eaten with steamed rice. Enjoy!.
Pinakbet or Pakbet is a popular Filipino vegetable and shrimp stew. Pinakbet is a popular Filipino dish which traditionally consists of pork and mixed vegetables, cooked and flavored with shrimp paste. "Pinakbet is from the Ilocano word "pinakebbet" meaning shriveled or shrunk in reference to the cooking technique where the Never do Ilocano's use "aramang or alamang" when cooking pinakbet. Stream PINAKBET (ILOCANO SONG) by rafananprecious from desktop or your mobile device. Current track: PINAKBET (ILOCANO SONG)PINAKBET (ILOCANO SONG). Pinakbet is a popular Ilocano vegetable dish that can be found all over the country.