Roast Partridge, Spinach butter & sage stuffing, & fondant swede - . Today I am sharing this Roast Partridge, Spinach butter & sage stuffing, & fondant swede! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Roast Partridge, Spinach butter & sage stuffing, & fondant swede with 14 Ingredients and 13 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Roast Partridge, Spinach butter & sage stuffing, & fondant swede:
- 80 g Spinach.
- 1 medium swede.
- 2 medium carrots.
- 1 medium parsnip.
- 1 tbsp dried sage.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 2 chicken stock cubes.
- 20 g butter.
- 5 g rosemary (approx. 2 sprigs whole).
- 2 Partridge.
- 100 g panko breadcrumbs.
- 1 tsp onion powder.
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 1 tsp yeast extract.
Step by step how to cook Roast Partridge, Spinach butter & sage stuffing, & fondant swede:
- Heat an oven to 180°c fan & boil a kettle..
- Peel and chop the carrots and parsnip into bit size chunks. Add these to a roasting tray covered in tin foil. Meanwhile put the butter in a small ramekin and place in the oven for a couple of minutes until melted..
- Add the breadcrumbs, sage, onion powder and Spinach to a bowl, add the melted butter and mix well. Add 200ml boiled water to half of one chicken stock cube. Stir and add to the breadcrumb mix. Mix well..
- Peel the swede and cut into two large discs..
- Pre heat a pan with some veg oil over a high heat. Pat dry the partridge and cut off the legs, season it all with plenty of salt..
- Once hot, add partridge, including the legs to the pan and brown all over..
- Once the partridge bodies are browned, add them to you roasting tray, but keep the legs in the pan. Add the swede discs to brown on both sides..
- Add 500ml boiled water to 1 whole chicken stock cube. Meanwhile, make the breadcrumb mix up into large balls and add them to the roasting tray..
- Add the tray to the over for 30-40mins or until the partridge is cooked to your liking..
- Once the swede discs are browned, add the stock and scrape the pan to deglaze. Then add the yeast extract, rosemary sprigs, bay leaves. Crush the garlic with skins still on and add to the pan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium and cook covered for 35-40mins or until the swede is soft..
- Once the partridge is cooked, take out the oven and leave to rest. Pour any juices into the stock braising the swede. Mix the veg and stuffing balls through any remaining juices in the pan and return to the oven..
- Whilst resting the partridge, reduce the stock to make the sauce..
- Remove the breasts from the partridge and serve with the reduce stock for your sauce..