Bistek Filipino Beef Steak - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Bistek Filipino Beef Steak! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Bistek Filipino Beef Steak with 7 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bistek Filipino Beef Steak:
- 1 lb beef round steak sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- 8 tbsp calamansi or lemon.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce.
- 1 tsp black ground pepper.
- 2 tsp minced garlic.
- 2 large onion cut into rings.
- 2 tbsp oil.
Step by step how to cook Bistek Filipino Beef Steak:
- Mix calamansi or lemon, soy sauce, and garlic in a bowl. Taste it, if it's too sour add soy sauce, if it's too salty add more juice. Balance out the flavor.
- Season the cut up meat with ground pepper.
- Pour cut up beef into the sauce mix and leave it marinated over night. The longer you leave it the better. For best result marinate for 24 hours.
- The next day cut up your onions into rings.
- Heat up a skillet, add oil and stir fry your onion rings until translucent and tiny but brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan heat oil and pan fry the beef you marinated overnight until browning on both sides..
- When all the beef are cooked pour marinade into the skillet and bring to slow boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- At this point you can adjust the sauce with more calamansi or soy sauce or some water as necessary to suit your taste.
- Slide the beef slices onto a serving plate and arrange the onion rings on top.
- Pour the marinade liquid on top and serve with white rice. Enjoy!.