Bitter Melon con Sisig (Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd) - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Bitter Melon con Sisig (Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Bitter Melon con Sisig (Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd) with 11 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bitter Melon con Sisig (Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd):
- 1/2-1 small bitter melon/gourd, sliced thin.
- 100-200 g fresh pork sisig.
- 1/2 small red onion, diced.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 Tbsp oil.
- 1-2 fresh eggs.
- 1 small tomato, chopped with juices.
- 1 dash Knorr or soy seasoning.
- to taste Salt & pepper.
- 1 pan boiling water.
- 1 handful fine salt.
Step by step how to cook Bitter Melon con Sisig (Ampalaya / Bitter Gourd):
- Prep first by lightly massaging the sliced gourd in salt in a container then set aside for 30 minutes. Be generous with the salt if you want to lessen the bitterness..
- After 30 minutes pour out the liquid from the gourd container and wash away the salt in running water. Do this a few times or else it well be too salty. Lightly squeeze every time. Drop in your pan of boiling water. Bring back to a boil then drain and set aside..
- In a pan, saute grlic and onions in oil until fragrant. Then add your pork sisig meat. Season with knorr as you saute..
- Leave it to cook. When it starts sticking to the pan, it's ready. Add your sliced tomato and juices. Mix well..
- Lightly squeeze excess moisture out then drop in your gourd/ampalaya to your cooked sisig. Mix lightly, cook a few minutes before adding your egg..
- I like eggs, so I added 2. It can be right off from the shell. Keep mixing/flipping with your spatula until the eggs cook. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot..