Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in most supermarkets). In this homemade adaptation of my favorite shrimp fondue, I've paired blackened shrimp, sweet scallops, wild mushrooms and tender spinach. A true Southern recipe, dirty rice is sometimes even used as a dressing (or stuffing) for chicken, turkey and quail. At my house, it even shows up as the main […] Then for meat: Chicken breast, sliced Frozen shrimp, thawed and deshelled before cooking. A very simple recipe for blackened shrimp using my blackened seasoning.
If you don't eat them straight out the pan, they're very good dipped in garlic brown butter or cocktail sauce. Blackening or Blackened is a Southern cooking technique used to add flavors to fish, shrimp, chicken and other food. This technique is often used in Cajun cuisine, and invented by chef Paul Prudhomme and described in his cookbook.
You can cook Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue with 19 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue:
- 2 Tablespoons blackening season.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- 2 Chicken breast.
- 2 dozen small shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- 4 slices bacon (chopped).
- 10 ounces fresh spinach.
- 4 fresh mushrooms (sliced).
- 2 whole green onions (chopped).
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese.
- 4 Tablespoons butter.
- 1 small onion (minced).
- 4 Tablespoons flour.
- 1/2 cup shrimp broth or water.
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Blackened Seasoning is the mixture of spices which. This cajun blackened shrimp recipe is one of the best and my absolute favorite ways to cook shrimp. The spice mixture sticks to the shrimp and gives it a crusty outside that is loaded with flavor. Add cream and remaining Blackened Seasoning.
Step by step how to cook Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue:
- Coat chicken breast and shrimp with olive oil and cover with blackened season. In cast iron on medium heat, cook shrimp on each side, around 1-2 minutes. Cook chicken on each side, around 7-10 minutes. Chop chicken and set aside with shrimp..
- Sauce: In saute pan, cook onions with butter until clear. Slowly whisk in flour until well mixed with butter and onions. Add broth, white wine, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add whipping cream and simmer another 5 minutes. Set sauce aside..
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet. Add spinach, mushrooms, salt and black pepper and cook until soft, around 10 minutes. Remove any excess water if necessary..
- Add chicken and shrimp to mixture in cast iron skillet. Fold sauce and green onions into mixture. Cover with Monterey jack cheese and broil until brown, 5-10 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
Blackened shrimp is going to be your new go-to meal, not just for nights when you're super busy and need a quick and easy meal, but anytime you're I use blackening seasoning not just for blackening foods, but for seasoning in general. Use it as a rub for chicken, beef, pork, seafood, basically. View top rated Blackened shrimp recipes with ratings and reviews. Blackened Shrimp with Coconut Cilantro Chutney, Blackened Shrimp Caesar Salad Planted Earth Cafe Blackened Shrimp Pasta - a quick and easy shrimp pasta made with homemade blackened. Spicy and bold, blackened chicken elevates the humble chicken breast into a wonderfully flavorful dish.