Chicken and pork adobo - . Today I am sharing this Chicken and pork adobo! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork. Adobo is considered as the signature dish of the Philippines. Almost all meat, seafood, and vegetables can be cooked using the inadobo method. Adobo has many regional variations and chicken and pork adobo is just one of the common interpretations of our quintessential Filipino stew. This version isn't really much different from adobo made solely of chicken or pork but since we are combining two types of meat that has varying.
Adobo is the signature dish of the Philippines. Discover the yummy flavor of Filipino Pork and Chicken Adobo. For pork adobo, I usually use pork loin steaks, sliced or not.
You can cook Chicken and pork adobo with 8 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chicken and pork adobo:
- 4 pieces chicken (legs or thighs), bone-in and skin-on.
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder steak, cut into 1 in strips.
- 1 1/2 heads garlic (about 18 cloves) peeled and crushed.
- 2 tbsp whole black peppercorns.
- 4 bay leaves.
- 1/6 cup rice wine vinegar.
- 1/6 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
Brown pork in a skillet on medium high heat til nearly done. I've never needed oil to brown the meat. Adobo chicken or pork is a signature dish of the Philippines. Let your guests know that there are.
Step by step how to cook Chicken and pork adobo:
- Throw all the ingredients into a medium pot. Add a 1/2 cup water and several grinds of freshly cracked pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes, mixing occasionally so all the meat has a chance to soak in the marinade..
- Put the pot on medium heat. Add enough water to almost submerge the meat. Cover and let simmer 1 hour until the pork is tender..
- Carefully remove the chicken and pork. Strain the sauce and skim the layer of oil floating on top. Put the pot on medium-high heat and return the sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce while you crisp the meat..
- Put a medium pan on high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and lay the chicken and pork pieces in. Let fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn over to crisp the other side. Serve with rice, with the sauce on the side..
Add soy sauce, water, peppercorns, chicken, vinegar, broth, garlic, and bay. About My Recipe for Filipino Chicken and Pork Adobo. When I got home on Friday, I was exhausted. And eager for a home cooked meal. Adobo is typically one of the first dishes you taste when you're first introduced to Filipino food, and for good reason - it's the national dish, and it is simply delicious.