Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce with 12 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic.
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
Step by step how to cook Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce:
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.