Fondant(plastic icing) - . Today I am sharing this Fondant(plastic icing)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! A wide variety of plastic fondant. Check out more Plastic Dough Icing Fondant items in Home & Garden, Jewelry & Accessories, Beauty & Health! Fondant icing is also know as plastic icing and sugarpaste or sugar paste. This fondant recipe can be used for cake decorating and fondant flowers or anything else that needs fondant. Fondant Icing - Decorating with Fondant Icing.
ANSWER: If you are making a bright color, I'd advise you use plastic gloves and cover your counter before kneading. Fondant refers to two types of sugar-based pastes used in icing and decorating cakes and confections. Rolled Fondant: Originally called "plastic icing" in England, this thick, malleable dough is made of sugar, glucose, glycerin and gelatin.
You can cook Fondant(plastic icing) with 7 Ingredients and 14 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Fondant(plastic icing):
- 750 g icing sugar.
- 60 mls water.
- 3 tsp gelatin.
- 1/2 cup glucose syrup.
- 2 tsp glycerine.
- Few drops of Essence/flavor.
It is rolled out and then draped for a flawless matte finish. This is a how to guide for making a cake icing that is used for cake decoration usually for wedding cakes and other To see how to use the fondant to cover a cake, I have a separate guide for that. Fondant icing is made from sugar, water and cream of tartar or liquid glucose, which are boiled Fondant icing can be rolled into shapes to make sweets or used warm and poured into moulds then. Fondant icing is used to glaze petit four frais.
Step by step how to cook Fondant(plastic icing):
- In a large bowl(non-metallic), sieve the icing sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Prepare a hot bath.
- Place the metallic bowl in the hot bath and add water.
- Sprinkle the gelatin to the warm water.
- Stir to dissolve the gelatin. NB: if the water is hot lumps will form making it hard for gelatin to dissolve.
- Now add the glycerine, glucose syrup and essence to the dissolved gelatin and mix well.
- Ensure the mixture stays warm.
- Pour the liquid mixture at the centre of the icing sugar and start mixing with a wooden spoon or spatula in circular motion until it start getting stiff.
- Start kneading with your hands till it starts to form a dough.
- Add more icing sugar if the dough is too sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a smooth surface lightly dusted with corn flour.
- Keep kneading until smooth and pliable.
- When ready, it should be soft when pressed but not sticky.
- Let it rest in an airtight bag or wrap with a cling film for 30mins before using it. Once rested knead it again before covering the cake.
It is kneaded then flavoured and coloured as desired. You can roll it out, cut and dip in chocolate or roll and dip in garnishes or chocolate. Jaffa-cake flavoured gin exists and here's how to get it! Air-Fryer recipe: Woman shares delicious Shepherd's pie hack. What stunned Maggie Beer at this year's delicious.