Garlic and Shallot Pierogies - . Today I am sharing this Garlic and Shallot Pierogies! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes!
You can cook Garlic and Shallot Pierogies with 6 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Garlic and Shallot Pierogies:
- 2.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes.
- 1 shallot finely chopped.
- 10 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1 tbsp Montreal seasoning.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- 1 batch Homemade GF noodle dough, use your favorite recipe.
Step by step how to cook Garlic and Shallot Pierogies:
- Prepare the noodle dough.
- Peel and cut the potatoes then boil until tender. The same as making mashed potatoes, that's what this is basically going to be just stuffed into a noodle..
- While the potatoes are boiling get the garlic and shallot finely chopped..
- When the potatoes are tender drain and return to the pot. Add all other ingredients besides the noodle dough to the potatoes and mash together..
- While the potatoes are mingling with the garlic and shallot roll the dough to about 1/8 inch thick and cut into rounds..
- Bring a pot of water to a boil..
- Add filling, lighty moisten the edges of the dough with water and crimp closed..
- Drop the pierogies into the boiling water a few at a time. When they float they are done. When done move to an oiled baking dish and keep in the oven at the lowest temperature to keep warm..
- Repeat step 8 until all are done..
- Serve with apple cider gravy. Or serve with anything or just have on their own, they are great just by themselves!.