Loaded Potato Soup - Slow Cooker - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Loaded Potato Soup - Slow Cooker! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Loaded Potato Soup - Slow Cooker with 12 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Loaded Potato Soup - Slow Cooker:
- 8 slices bacon.
- 2 lb. russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 4 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- 1 tsp. dried thyme.
- 1/2 tsp. herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- 2/3 cup sour cream.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- 1 tsp. dried chives.
- To taste salt and pepper.
Step by step how to cook Loaded Potato Soup - Slow Cooker:
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..