Mama's Triple Chocolate Cake - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Mama's Triple Chocolate Cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Mama's Triple Chocolate Cake with 8 Ingredients and 9 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Mama's Triple Chocolate Cake:
- 1 box devil's food cake mix.
- 1/2 cup vegetable or light olive oil.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- 4 large eggs.
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips - melted in microwave.
- 1/2 can chocolate frosting (homemade will work) - melted in microwave.
Step by step how to cook Mama's Triple Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt or tube cake pan. Set aside. (9x13" May be used, but start watching for cake to be done at 35-45 minutes.).
- Do not make cake mix according to box, use this recipe's ingredients only! Add all listed ingredients except chocolate chips and frosting to a large bowl. Beat together with electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Continue on high speed 2 minutes more, scraping sides as necessary..
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until smooth and pourable. Pour into cake batter and fold in until fully incorporated..
- Evenly pour batter into prepared cake pan. Shake pan and gently tap on counter to work out any air pockets. Place in center of oven. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and cool in pan about 10 minutes then invert onto wire rack, remove pan and let cool completely. When cooled transfer to a serving dish or large platter..
- Melt chocolate frosting in microwave until pourable, about 30 - 35 seconds. Stir and drizzle over top of cake letting all the melty goodness ooze down the sides..
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to set frosting or enjoy immediately if you simply can't wait. Slice. Serve. Enjoy..
- Note 1: If you want some of the frosting to soak into the cake, poke two rows of holes about 1in. deep around the top with a chopstick or thin wooden spoon handle and make sure you pour plenty frosting into the holes! I like doing that from time to time (especially when doing 2 toppings). Helps makes the cake extra moist and crumbly. Mmmmm..
- Note 2: I was really craving this, but only had german chocolate cake mix, so that's what I used. I made a coconut caramel drizzle using fenway's salted caramel sauce recipe and it was to die for! "How to": Toast 1 c coconut spread out on a baking sheet in preheated oven at 300°F for 5 - 7 minutes, stirring at least once. Make the caramel sauce (attached), let it cool for about 10 minutes, stir in coconut, let sauce cool completely. Stir to loosen it up, then carefully spoon evenly over cake and let it flow down the sides. I highly recommend this variation now! Lol https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355600-salted-caramel-sauce.