Basic Rolled Fondant - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Basic Rolled Fondant! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Basic Rolled Fondant with 5 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Basic Rolled Fondant:
- 1 cup light corn syrup.
- 1 cup shortening.
- 2 lb confectioner's sugar.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp clear vanilla.
Step by step how to cook Basic Rolled Fondant:
- In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup..
- Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioner's sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, knead by hand..
- If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioner's sugar until it is smooth..
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature ou in the refrigerator..
- To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioner's sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick or thinner if you can..
- Drape over frosted and chilled cake and smooth the sides down, or cut into strips to make bows or other decorations..