Bicol Express - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Bicol Express! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes! Bicol Express is pure comfort food! With pork cubes cooked in coconut milk and chili peppers, it's rich, creamy, spicy and delicious! Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and big flavored meal! This Bicol Express Recipe involvesf pork slices cooked in coconut milk. There are stories saying that Bicol express was conceptualized and first cooked by Ms.
Cely Kalaw in her Manila restaurant. Bicol Express is a spicy pork stew cooked in coconut milk which is definitely one of the most Bicol Express has it's funny, if not weird, name from the train that travels the Naga(Bicol)-Manila route. Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. spiced with chili), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style.
You can cook Bicol Express with 11 Ingredients and 2 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bicol Express:
- 1 kilograms pork.
- 15 pcs. large roasted eggplant.
- bagoong alamang/shrimp paste according to your taste.
- 2 whole pure coconut cream.
- 10 pcs. finger chili.
- 5 pcs. chili labuyo.
- 1 head onion.
- 1 head garlic.
- to taste pepper.
- cooking oil.
Bicol is always associated with spicy food. The thought of Bicol would send a person's imagination of images and scents of sili (chili pepper) and coconut milk. It holds a special place in the hearts of food-loving Filipinos. Bicol Express is a Filipino dish of browned pork cooked with finger chilies and coconut cream.
Step by step how to cook Bicol Express:
- Warm up the oil in a pan and sauté the pork until it changes color, and remove from pan and set aside. In the same Pan Saute bagoong until it changes color and also remove from the Pan and set aside. Then stir-fry the ginger, then the onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté well. Put the cooked pork and stir into the ingredient. Sauté well. Pour the pure coconut milk and boil. Mix the cooked bagoong, and stir well..
- Then add the roast eggplant, and mix. Taste if the flavor blend, seasoned bagoong again if necessary. and seasoned pepper. Continue cooking until the oil from pure coconut milk. then serve..
If you cook Bicol Express the way Speedy does, you get better texture, flavor and color. Filipino recipes and Filipino dishes in general aren't that known for its use of spices or for being hot spicey dishes unlike its neighboring Southeast Asian countries. Try this Bicol Express Recipe from Bicol. The Bicolanos are famous for their Bicol Express a hot The original Bicol Express Recipe is a stew made from long chilies also known as birds eye chili. Named after the train that travels between Manila and Bicol, this popular Bicolano dish will make you reach for water faster than the bullet train.