Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake with 16 Ingredients and 13 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake:
- VANILLA BUTTER CAKE.
- 3 cup cake flour.
- 1 tbsp baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp baking soda.
- 4 large eggs.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted.
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 2/3 cup milk, I use whole milk.
- CHERRY MOUSSE FROSTING AND FILLING.
- 1 recipe Fresh Cherry Mousse, prepared and chilled in a large bowl 2 hours before needed recipe attached in direction step #8.
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate shavings.
- fresh bing cherries.
- 2 tbsp muti colored sprinkles.
Step by step how to cook Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake:
- Spray- 3 - 8 inche round cake pans with bakers spray. Preheat oven to350.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until creamy about 2 minutes. Add flour am milk and stir just until moist, add eggs and vanilla and beat just until smooth.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans smoothing tops and bake 15 to 23 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack in pan, then remove from pans and cool completely.
- FILL AND FROST CAKE.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate,bottom side up.
- Frost with some of the cherry mousse, recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364344-fresh-cherrie-mousse.
- Top with second layer of cake, bottom side up.
- Frost with more cherry mousse.
- Place third laer, top side up.
- Frost entire cake with remaining g mousse.
- Garnish cake with chocolate shavings, cherries and sprinkles. Chill cake at least 2 hours before cutting to allow mousse c to set back up.