Creamy Chicken Stew - Slow Cooker - Easy to do and Very moist even after warming up leftovers the next day!. Today I am sharing this Creamy Chicken Stew - Slow Cooker! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! This Creamy Chicken Stew recipe is simple to make and tastes great with biscuits or dumplings. This recipe is a classic comfort food here at The Cozy Cook. Low and slow is the best with milk and dairy products. Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker to serving bowl, using slotted spoon. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
Increase cooker to high heat setting. Mix whipping cream, flour and remaining thyme; stir into liquid in cooker. This creamy slow cooker chicken stew is cheap, filling and healthy too.
You can cook Creamy Chicken Stew - Slow Cooker with 13 Ingredients and 2 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken Stew - Slow Cooker:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced.
- 2 stalks celery, diced.
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced.
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 tsp. each salt, pepper.
- 1/2 tsp. each salt free all purpose seasoning, poultry seasoning.
- 1/4 tsp. each garlic powder, nutmeg.
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream.
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
Add the butternut squash, chicken stock, thyme and bay leaves to the slow cooker. Stir everything together, pressing down so that everything is covered in liquid. DIRECTIONS Place frozen chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of slow cooker. Do you prefer Slow Cooker or Instant Pot?
Step by step how to cook Creamy Chicken Stew - Slow Cooker:
- Grease your slow cooker and place all the veggies and seasonings in. Place the chicken breasts over the top of the veggies then pour in the broth. Place the lid on, set the heat to low and cook for about 6 hours, until everything is tender and the chicken is cooked through..
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then stir in the frozen corn. In a small measuring glass, whisk together the flour and the cream until it's relatively smooth, then stir that mixture into the slow cooker. Place the lid back on and let it cook for another 45-60 minutes, until it has thickened up and the flour taste has cooked off. Taste for any additional seasoning you'd like to add, then serve..
I had thought about maybe a traditional beef stew or pot roast, and while those would have both been super delicious, this creamy garlic Set slow cooker to high. Stir together cream and corn starch and stir into slow cooker. This creamy slow cooker chicken stew features pearl onions, button mushrooms and green peas. In a small bowl stir together evaporated milk and flour until smooth. Place chicken, mushrooms, potatoes, onions, carrots and peas in slow cooker.