Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice - . Today I am sharing this Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes!
You can cook Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice with 15 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice:
- 400 gr cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- 3 small shallots, minced.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- 2 lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- 2 green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- 5 eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- 2 tbs dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- 3/4 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp sugar.
- as needed ground white/black pepper,.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- Accompaniments (optional) :.
- Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
Step by step how to cook Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice:
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok..
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute..
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well..
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok..
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it..
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.