Shanghai Lumpia - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Shanghai Lumpia! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Shanghai Lumpia with 15 Ingredients and 13 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Shanghai Lumpia:
- 1 lb ground beef.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped.
- 8 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 lb ground pork.
- 1 cup finely cut celery.
- 1 cup finely cut carrots.
- 1/2 cup red sweet potato finely cut.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce.
- 2 packs egg roll wrappers.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tbsp corn starch.
- 3 tbsp water.
- 3 cups oil for frying.
- 2 eggs beaten.
Step by step how to cook Shanghai Lumpia:
- Take a large wok and pour olive oil and wait for it to warm up then sauté onion and garlic for 4 minutes.
- Add ground pork and ground beef and cook until they are fully brown.
- Add celery, carrots, and sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce and soy sauce cook for another 2 minutes. Do not over cook..
- Take it out and drain the excess liquid and let it sit to cool off.
- While it's cooling off time to make your paste. Take a small pot and pour cornstarch and water in medium high. Keep stirring until liquid becomes thicker. Take it out when you have your desired amount of thickness. Let it sit out in room temperature until it cools off.
- While you're waiting separate your egg roll wrappers AP it is easier to grab when you are ready to start wrapping.
- When your lumpia is cool take your beaten eggs and mix it in to make it sticky.
- When you're ready take your wrapper and place it down with one corner facing your..
- Put 1-2 tbsp of Lumpia and start rolling very tightly until you almost reach the top..
- Then fold the two sides in making an envelope shape. Take your paste and put some to the remaining wrapper on top then fold and seal..
- Repeat this process until you have wrapped everything then immediate place in the freezer..
- When it's frozen take it out and cut it into 2-3 pieces then take a frying pan and add your oil and wait for it to warm up then cook and enjoy!.