Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce - . Today I am sharing this Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes! Serve this tasty, delicious Prawns with Salted Egg Sauce dish with this easy recipe from Yummy. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens. Prawns w/Salted Egg Yolk Sauce, a simple quick and easy recipe Subscribe for more Asian cooking tips, recipes and secrets. Salted Egg Prawn is simply amazing. Imagine the good taste of nilasing na hipon elevated to a whole new level by tossing in a sauce with creamy salted Deep fry in medium heat until the prawn turns light to golden brown.
Remove from the pot and set aside. Prepare the salted egg yolk sauce by. Steamed Drunken prawns (醉虾) is a dish which is unbelievably cheap and easy to prepare at home, but if you were to order it at the restaurant, be prepared to pay many, many times more than it would cost you to prepare it at home.
You can cook Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce with 15 Ingredients and 11 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce:
- 1/4 kilo Prawns.
- 1 salted egg, 2 if using yolk only.
- 1/2 head garlic.
- 2 Tbsp butter.
- Cooking oil.
- 1/2 pack Crispy Fry chicken breading mix (25-30g) or use seasoned cornstarch or flour.
- 2 jiggers/shots Soju (Korean alcoholic beverage- Chamisul Original, Classic, or Fresh).
- 1/4 Shrimp broth cube/bullion.
- to taste Salt.
- to taste Pepper.
- Coco Cream Mixture (if no available fresh coconut cream).
- 3 heaping Tbsp of Coconut powder dissolved in 1/8c water.
- 1/2 c all-purpose cream.
Seafood is always so expensive when it is ordered outside. We asked for extra sauce of the salted egg but they say I had tried salted egg crab in singapore, but I think here is the best as price and taste. Salted egg is as divisive as the durian: you're either born to love or hate it. In Singapore, feelings are intense with this retro ingredient getting the modern But Singaporeans like to take things up a notch.
Step by step how to cook Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce:
- First prep the prawns: devein the prawns, with scissors cut the back part of shell from head to tail carefully then remove the vein. Snip away the long whiskers and trim the legs..
- Prepare the marinade: in a container or ziploc bag, pour in the Soju and dissolve the 1/4 shrimp broth cube in it..
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper then marinate in the Soju mixture. Turn prawns every now and then while prepping the cream mixture. The picture below shows less liquid cos it has been absorbed..
- While marinating the prawns, prepare the coconut-salted egg cream mixture. If you have no coco cream, you can dissolve 3 heaping tbsps of coconut powder in a small amount of water then add to your all-purpose cream. Stir and mix well. Taste, and add more coconut powder if it doesn't taste coconut-y as you like..
- Prep your salted egg by cutting it up in small pieces. Your choice to include the whites or just the yolks. (1 egg or 2 yolks per 1/4k prawns)..
- Add the chopped salted egg to your coconut cream mixture. With a spoon, stir and mash it on the sides. It won't totally dissolve, that's okay. Below picture still have big pieces so I mashed it on the sides and kept stirring. Then set aside for later..
- Prepare your coating mix in a container (with lid) as you heat the non-stick pan with cooking oil. One by one remove prawns from the Soju marinade and place in your coating mix. Cover with lid and shake until coated. Set aside for cooking..
- Shallow fry both sides of the coated prawns in hot oil (or butter&oil) until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Cook all and set aside. Save the remaining oil drippings for later if you want (tasty!)..
- In another non-stick pan, heat the butter, cook the garlic until light golden. Add the coco cream mixture and bring to a simmer in low heat. You'll see the oil rise (looks like cream is splitting but that's okay)..
- Drop in your golden prawns. Stir gently and mix in the sauce well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Don't over cook!.
- Plate and serve with rice and/or a salad with prawn drippings. Enjoy!.
Fried prawns coated with salted egg yolk is another Chinese New Year favourite. Fried Fish Fillet with Special Beanpaste Sauce. Rub the prawns with salt and sugar. Separate the salted egg yolk from the whites, and steam yolks.. Egg Yolk Sauce Recipes on Yummly