Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes! Put your fondant-covered cake in a cardboard box and place the box in the fridge. Leave it in the box to come to room temp - don't touch the fondant until it is room temp. Fondant-covered cakes have a smooth, professional look that's easy to achieve. Roll the fondant until it is the size you need. Chocolate covered strawberries/ How to dip & Design!
Covered in fondant and hand stenciled with silver luster dust thinned with alcohol. The giftbox cake is a strawberry vanilla bean cake with coconut lime mousse filling and covered with strawberry fondant. I am planning on making a strawberry cake for a friend of mine's b'day.
You can cook Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg with 17 Ingredients and 26 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg:
- CAKE; 300 gms all purpose flour.
- 200 gms margarine.
- 200 gms sugar.
- 1 tbsp strawberry essence.
- 2 tsp baking powder.
- 4 eggs.
- 1/2 fresh / mala milk...Optional. you can opt to just use eggs.
- 850 gms icing sugar.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp gelatin.
- 1/3 cup Cold water.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp White fat./ Blueband..
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Glucose syrup..
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence (clear).
- Corn starch for dusting.
- 1 1/2 tsp Glycerine..
- Colour of your choice...optional.
I wanted to add fondant to it to make it look extra special. The only problem is my friend is a guy and I thought that pink(the actual color of the cake) and white(fondant) are too girly. I suggest using buttercream over cream cheese frosting as cream cheese may cause. Put in a bowl and make a well.
Step by step how to cook Strawberry cake covered with fondant. 1kg:
- CAKE...Measure n weigh all your ingredients. Sieve your flour n baking powder n set aside..
- Grease n dust your baking tin..
- Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees..
- In a mixing bowl, add margarine n whisk abit..
- Add sugar n continue mixing till both bond n sugar dissolve completely..
- Add eggs one by one as u mix..
- Add strawberry essence n mix..
- Add milk little by little as you fold in your flour. Do it lightly till you attain the right consistency (Dropping consistency)..
- Pour the batter in the baking tin n put it in the oven if possible at the centre shelf.. Can as well use jiko or gas..
- Bake for 45 mins or until a skewer inserted inside come out dry n clean..
- Remove it when ready n let it cool..
- Mean while be working on your fondant..
- FONDANT....Sift the icing sugar in a plastic bowl. Make a well in the middle n set aside..
- In another bowl, add your measured cold water, sprinkle gelatin on top, let it settle for a minute..
- Add your glucose in that bowl with water n gelatin..
- Add in the same bowl, vanilla essence, glycerine, white fat tho i tried blueband n it worked..
- Put little water in a sufuria n put in the small bowl with those named ingredients n stir the contents until all mix together..
- Pour that mixture in the well that you made in the middle of icing sugar..
- Using your hands, mix them well until everything come together. Knead as if your making chapati dough..
- Continue adding icing sugar to make your fondant firm n soft to work with..
- Transfer the fondant in a cornstarch floured surface n continue kneading till you attain a smooth kind of elastic dough/ fondant..
- If adding colour, do it at this point..
- Wrap it in a cling film, or put it in an airtight container to relax. If using it immediately, let it rest for 30-45 mins then roll it like chapati. Apply some little butter cream on your already cooled cake then cover it with fondant. Using fondant, you can create any design of your choice using fondant/ cookie cutters..
- The fondant can also be kept for later use..
- Continue learning as u enjoy your home made goodies..
- Suprise your loved ones n let them enjoy. Cookpad..making everyday cooking fun..
Put water into a bowl over a boiler, add gelatin and stir. Add the glucose syrup and stir. Add into the sugar and knead. Place on a flat surface and knead. This chocoled covered strawberry cake is made is chocolate cake layers and a fresh strawberry frosting.