Bacon and cheese smashed potatoes - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Bacon and cheese smashed potatoes! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 45 minutes! Season generously with salt and bring to a boil. Oven baked 'smashed' potatoes topped with crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and green onions. Once the potatoes are flattened they could be topped with so many different things. This recipe used crumbled bacon, grated cheddar and sliced green onions and it was AMAZING! When the potatoes are soft, pull them from the oven and smash the pieces down with the bottom of a coffee cup or drinking glass.
Arrange the smashed potatoes on the sheet pan, and top each portion with greens, a chopped slice of cooked bacon, and plenty of cheese. Mashed potato balls stuffed with bacon and cheddar cheese and fried till crispy and golden. These tasty mashed potato balls will make a great side dish for your next family get together, and will make you look like a pro.
You can cook Bacon and cheese smashed potatoes with 13 Ingredients and 5 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Bacon and cheese smashed potatoes:
- 2 # Yukon gold potatoes.
- cooking spray / olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tsp onion powder.
- 1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- 3/4 C bacon, crumble it up.
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped.
- Avocado creme:.
- 1 avocado, mashed.
- 1/2-3/4 C sour cream (or Greek yogurt).
- 1 tsp minced garlic.
- pinch salt.
Gruyere cheese, bacon, sweet onions and herbs take smashed potatoes to a whole new level of amazing. This loaded side dish is so rich and satisfying, it could almost be eaten on its own! Add milk; mash potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency. Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts.
Step by step how to cook Bacon and cheese smashed potatoes:
- Preheat oven to broil..
- Boil potatoes in a 6qt pan of salted water for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Drain. Put the potatoes on a greased cookie sheet and use a potato masher (or coffee mug) to lightly flatten the potatoes. Spray potatoes lightly with olive oil and season with S&P, garlic and onion powders..
- Broil for about 15 minutes. Crispy and golden. I used second rack in oven, not top..
- While potatoes are boiling or broiling, fry the bacon and drain on paper towels. Crush up for topping..
- Pull potatoes out of oven; top with cheese and bacon. Return them to the oven to melt the cheese, just about a minute. Remove from oven and season with a little S&P and chives. Serve with the avocado creme. Delicious!.
Stir in sour cream, pepper, and salt. Sharing my favorite Cheesy Mashed Potatoes today! Packed with bacon, ranch and lots of cheese!! A great side for any occasion. How Long To Boil Potatoes For Mashed Potatoes?