Camaron Rebosado - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this Camaron Rebosado! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! Camaron Rebosado (translated in English as Overflowed Shrimp) is an easy seafood dish that makes use of shrimps as the primary component. Shelled shrimps are marinated in lemon juice and dipped in. How to cook Camaron Rebosado the panlasangpinoy way. Camaron rebosado are large shrimps marinated in citrus, dipped in batter and then deep-fried until golden and crisp. Cooking camaron rebosado begins with the proper preparation of the shrimps.
Pull off the heads, peel off the shells, slit the back and devein. I have written a comprehensive post about the procedure. Camaron Rebosado Recipe is a delicious and simple way to cook shrimp.
You can cook Camaron Rebosado with 9 Ingredients and 7 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Camaron Rebosado:
- 2 lb headless large shrimp, peeled.
- 2 pcs lemon.
- 1 cup flour.
- 2 tbsp corn starch.
- 2 tsp garlic salt.
- 2 tsp lemon pepper.
- 3 pieces raw eggs, beaten.
- 3 tbsp fresh milk or half and half.
- 1 cup cooking oil.
It is the Philippines version of Japanese tempura except tempura has a light batter and served with soy sauce. Camaron rebosado is my family's favorite when it comes to eating prawns. When my kids were growing up, I would make this delicious dish for dinner and my kids would be snacking on it right as I. Camaron rebosado is a deep-fried battered shrimp dish in Philippine cuisine.
Step by step how to cook Camaron Rebosado:
- Marinate the shrimp in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, lemon pepper and garlic salt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs and milk stir until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Heat cooking oil in large pan.
- When oil is hot enough, dip a piece of shrimp in the batter (leave the tail uncovered) then deep fry until the color of the other part turns dark yellow and the texture becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan or fryer then place in a plate with paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with sweet & sour sauce. Share and enjoy..
Camaron rebosado is prepared by removing the heads, and sometimes the tails as well, of the shrimp. In a bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt, egg, water and mix well. Camaron rebosado (battered shrimp) is a deep-fried battered shrimp dish in Philippine cuisine typically served with sweet and sour sauce. Camaron rebosado recipe or rebosadong hipon is the Filipino version of Japanese Tempura. Camaron rebosado or simply known as battered fried shrimps is a tasty appetizer or viand.