Creamy Turnip Leek Soup - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Creamy Turnip Leek Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes! Great soup to start a meal with, or as a stand alone meal. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil; cook leeks and onions until soft. A simple French soup that works well regardless of which vegetable gets the emphasis This is a simple French soup If you want to vary the proportions of vegetables you can; it works well whether you emphasize the turnips, as I do here, the leeks or the potatoes. Looking for a delicious soup for a chilly winter day? Creamy Leek And Mushroom Soup Laced With Stilton Cheese.
Leek And Carrots Soups With Croutons. Are you guys ready for the most simple soup of all time? This is an easy-to-make recipe for creamy turnip soup that brings tons of flavor and warmth to cold fall and winter This soup could not be easier to make.
You can cook Creamy Turnip Leek Soup with 16 Ingredients and 4 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Creamy Turnip Leek Soup:
- Vegetables and cheese.
- 1 cup sliced leek.
- 1 pound turnip roots.
- To taste shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper powder.
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes.
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder.
- 1 lime just the juice.
- 1 stick butter.
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream.
Serve it as a starter or side soup. The mini salad on top is optional, but we love the bit of texture from the greens and pop of flavor from the vinaigrette. In nearby Wardsboro, Vermont, they have a fall festival where one of the entrees is this delicious soup. In a food processor, process soup in batches until smooth.
Step by step how to cook Creamy Turnip Leek Soup:
- Sauté the turnip roots.
- Wash, peel, and dice the turnip roots. Really wash the leeks very well it holds lots of sand. Add to the turnip roots with the parsley..
- Add the broth, butter, season, and bring to a boil then a simmer. Cover simmer 30 minutes. Then add the cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well simmer 10 minutes and let rest..
- Serve with a little shredded Parmesan cheese..
Stir in cream, salt and Chunky Potato Leek Soup. Learn how to make Creamy Turnip Soup. Church book sales are a great way to pick up cookbooks at bargain prices. There's something about the blend of flavors in this soup that take the edge off of the bitter turnip flavor and produces a thick and creamy soup, yet without any cream. Spring Turnip Soup with Garlic Chickpea Croutons. by thekitchnrecipes.