Filipino Mung beans - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Filipino Mung beans! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 35 minutes!
You can cook Filipino Mung beans with 12 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Filipino Mung beans:
- 1 c mung beans.
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into bite size pcs.
- 1/2 c yellow onions, diced.
- 1 c red pepper, diced.
- 2 c fresh snow peas.
- 1 c celery, sliced.
- 2 c chayote, chopped into 1/3 in size pcs.
- 1 c fresh Roma tomatoes.
- 4 c Bok choy or spinach, chopped.
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce.
- 6 tsp Dry chicken broth based seasoning.
Step by step how to cook Filipino Mung beans:
- Boil half a large pot of water, approx 6-8 c. Once water is a rolling boil, place mung beans with tsp of olive oil. Boil for about 20-22;min..
- Pour 1 tbsp of water in a large pan on med high heat. Once the water evaporates, drizzle olive oil until hot then saute pork for 3 min. Drain cooked pork if necessary (i.e., if there's any liquid).
- Drizzle olive oil in same pan then return pork to the pan and saute until slightly brown for about 2 more min. Remove from pan and set aside..
- Drizzle olive oil in same pan used for the pork and saute onions for 1 min. Then add tomatoes and saute for 30 sec to 1 min. Then add celery and chayote. Saute for 5 min..
- Add red peppers and snow peas then saute for another 6 min then add Worcestershire sauce..
- Add cooked pork to the pan and saute for another min..
- Add vegetable mix to the mung beans pan..
- Add bok choy leaves and mix well. Gradually add 2 c water as you mix the bok choy. More or less water may be needed in order to cover the ingredients..
- Continue to let the dish cook, add dry broth based seasoning and soy sauce. Mix well. Turn heat down to simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 min..
- Turn off heat and cover dish to let sit for about 10 min. Enjoy with rice!.