Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew - Turned out great! Very moist.. Today I am sharing this Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 15 minutes!
You can cook Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew with 13 Ingredients and 3 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew:
- 2 tbsp. butter.
- 1 yellow onion, sliced.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 lb. kielbasa sausage, chopped.
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins.
- 1 tbsp. mustard seed.
- 1 (12 ounce) stout beer.
- 1/2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, halved.
- 1 bunch mustard greens or kale, stems removed and thinly sliced.
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained.
- 2 cups chicken stock.
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped.
Step by step how to cook Kielbasa, Stout and Sauerkraut Stew:
- In a large dutch oven, add the butter, onion, and a pinch of salt. Cook on low until the onions have caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer the caramelized onions to a bowl and set aside..
- In the same pan, add the olive oil and turn the heat to medium high. Add the sausage and brown for 1-2 minutes. Add the carrots and mustard seed and cook for 5 more minutes. Deglaze the pot with the beer. Add the potatoes, mustard greens or kale, and sauerkraut to the Dutch oven, along with the caramelized onions..
- Add the chicken stock and parsley to the pot, and season with salt. Cook for 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through..