My mom's Chilean pound cake - It was delicious !!!!! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser !!!. Today I am sharing this My mom's Chilean pound cake! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 40 minutes! This pound cake recipe has a soft, buttery crumb that's perfectly dense without being at all dry or crumbly! My mom loves to feed her sweet tooth. As far back as I can remember, Mom always baked cakes. The first three are big cakes. Do not use a Bundt pan or standard tube pan.
Use a large tube pan, which typically has three prongs spaced evenly around the edge of the pan. This pound cake combines butter and shortening and has a wonderful buttery vanilla flavor. This classic is always a hit!
You can cook My mom's Chilean pound cake with 7 Ingredients and 10 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for My mom's Chilean pound cake:
- 1 cup sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 3 cups flour.
- 1 cup milk.
- 3 tablespoons butter.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 orange.
See more ideas about Chilean recipes, Recipes, South american A classic cake in Chile popular with kids and adults Black Forest Cake combines chocolate and cherry perfection. Serving up real food for real families! This amazingly easy and outrageously decadent Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a dream come true! This pound cake by far is the best one I have tasted.
Step by step how to cook My mom's Chilean pound cake:
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
Plus it was my first pound cake made from scratch, can you believe that one. This recipe is from Leslie's mom, and we all know how recipes from our mothers turn out. So I knew this pound cake was going to be great. I decided my Mom's birthday was the perfect excuse reason to make her a full fat pound cake that I could then experiment with making lighter later. This was my Mom's birthday after all.