Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer) - . Today I am sharing this Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer)! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 20 minutes!
You can cook Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer) with 13 Ingredients and 11 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer):
- 2 garlic bulbs.
- 4 onion, chopped.
- 1/3 ginger chopped.
- 1 kilogram shrimps.
- 2 tbsp butter.
- 1 1/2 cup cajun seasoning (extra paprika for extra spice).
- 3 1/2 cup tomato paste.
- 4 tbsp honey (the darker the better).
- 2 salt.
- 3 cup beer.
- 5 pinch ground black pepper.
- 1 1/2 cup basil leaves. chopped ( you can buy dried versions of this ).
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch.
Step by step how to cook Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer):
- Marinate the shrimps with the cajun seasoning. And set aside for 1-3 hours or more. (Make sure to get the legs and the head out before marinating the shrimps).
- For the sauce, blend the garlic, onion and ginger into a paste..
- Sauté the garlic, onion and ginger paste until golden brown (around 5 mins).
- Add the tomato paste and cook for atleast 5-10 mins..
- Add pepper and salt gradually to each step of cooking the sauce.
- Add the beer and cook leave it for atleast 5 mins..
- Add the honey and the basil leaves and mix gradually..
- Mix the cornstarch with some water and mix it to the sauce. And leave it cooking on very low heat..
- For the shrimps, fry the shrimps with butter for 3- 5 mins.
- Put the shrimps in a serving plate and pour the sauce over the shrimps..