Quick Chicken Noodle Soup - It turned out very good but i think i could have cooked it a little longer.. Today I am sharing this Quick Chicken Noodle Soup! A quick and easy dinner that is ready in under 30 minutes!
You can cook Quick Chicken Noodle Soup with 15 Ingredients and 6 steps. See the following guide!
Ingredients for Quick Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced thin.
- 1 cup celery, sliced thin.
- 1 cup onion diced.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 64 oz chicken broth (or more if desired).
- 2 Bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme).
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- 12 oz wide egg noodles.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken.
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh parsley.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (optional).
- to taste Salt.
Step by step how to cook Quick Chicken Noodle Soup:
- To a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat to warm.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently..
- Add the garlic and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil gently for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender. Note – If you like brothier soup, add additional broth, possibly as much as an additional 64 ounces because as time passes the noodles will continue to absorb broth.
- D the egg noodles and boil mixture for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are soft and cooked through. Add more broth if desired..
- Add the chicken, parsley, optional lemon juice (brightens up the flavor), and boil 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through. Taste soup and add salt to taste. Remove Bay leaves and enjoy!!.